United way of Atlanta
Our Students Review
Vibha & BigHelp
We have donated part of sales towards to education to poor child.
TUE & THU @ 8 PM EST
Make A PaymentIf you agree to our Terms & Conditions and Refund Policy, then only proceed with payment.
QTP/UFT Interview Questions and Answers
1) Name the types of Test Automation?
Record and Playback (does not work in real world scenario)
Hybrid Test Automation Framework etc.
2) How do you rate your Quality Center knowledge on a scale of 1-10 (10 – Expert/Advanced User)?
A) I can rate myself 8 out of 10.
3) Which version(s) of Quality Center do you have experience with?
A) I have working experience with QC 9 to 11(alm)
4) Have you been responsible for setting it up / administering it?
A) Yes. Of course. I have played the role of QC Admin to set up new user accounts, modifying the configurations & troubleshooting the QC through admin.
5) Which Quality Center components are you most familiar with?
A) Test Plan, Requirements, Test lab, Defects. I also have the considerable experience working on business component modules and various features of QC
6) What are quality center workflows and what is their use ?
A) Quality Center provides a customization capability (called workflow) which allows the administrator to modify the default behavior. This workflow is driven by VBScript functions that are called whenever a particular event occurs on the client front-end.
There exists 1 VBScript workflow file per feature. Those are:
- Login/Logout (common.tds)
- Defects module (defects.tds)
- Manual Test Execution (manrun.tds)
- Test Requirements module (req.tds)
- Test Lab module (testlab.tds)
- Test Plan module (testplan.tds)
7) Can you script and implement workflows in QC -- can you give an example of this ?
Though I do not have the experience in creating one but since I know the VB scripting and the workflow basics, I can put this knowledge together, explore and implement the workflows if my job demands. No. I never scripted workflows in QC.
8) Have you worked with sync tools for Quality Center eg Rally sync with QC, ReqPro sync with QC, ClearQuest sync with QC?
A) I have the familiarity in the rational tools and experience in working with quality center. I would be able to do this by putting in some extra efforts
Quick Test Pro (Answer this section only if you have the proper domain experience):
9) How do you rate your Quick Test Pro knowledge on a scale of 1-10 (10 – Expert)?
A) I can rate myself 6 on scale of 1-10. Bcoz I am a continuous learner J
10) Describe the steps followed for automation using QTP.
1) Planning -> frame work, test case selection to be automated
2) Test Script design
2) Creating test script file -> test cases converted into test scripts
3) Enhancing the tests
4) Debugging ->To verify whether the application is working as expected & fix errors if any
5) Run the test. Debug & re-run in case of errors
6) Analyze the results -> pass-fail reports and log defects
11) What is Object Repository? Describe how QTP identifies Objects using Object Repository.
A) Quick Test stores the definitions for application objects(objects, properties that identify the objects ) in a file(location) called the Object Repository. Each Object Repository entry will be identified by a logical name and will contain a set of properties (type, name, etc) that uniquely identify each object. .QTP identifies objects using its Logical name and property.
12) What is Object Spy? Describe its use.
Object Spy identifies the properties & its values of any object which is essential for knowing the values and reset the values etc In Descriptive programming..
13) Describe the programming approaches used for QTP automation. Which of these approaches do you have experience with? Can you provide an example?
(I think the question should be re-framed as there is no standard terminology “PROGRAMMING APPROACH” in qtp or it should be asked with association with certain features- object repository treatment/ data handling etc. But if asked in the interview, I would describe the frameworks.)
There are two types of programming approaches in QTP automation.
1) Writing VB Script program in Expert view.
First we have to create Object repository file. Then we have to add all the objects to the object repository which stores the information of objects like logical name and properties like type, name etc.
2) Descriptive programming.
There is no need of object repository. We can spy the objects using object spy and we have to write the coding in VB Script.
14) Describe – i. Synchronization Point, ii. Checkpoint
A) Synchronization Point: is used to synchronize the sequential & dependent steps performed by the software/application and avoid overlap on the timeline, which could otherwise give erroneous response in the latter one. Sometimes tool takes longer time to complete the backend task. Synchronization makes available specified amount of time for an object to process prior to moving on to the next step.
B) Check Point: Checks the actual values of the various properties in the application. It is a unique test condition which Enables us to identify whether our application is functioning Properly or not by comparing the Actual value for a particular property with the expected value for that property.
15) Describe – Keyword Driven Framework.
A) In Keyword driven framework the key words drive the testing by separating the keywords from the script and using the external tables to define the keywords and use them as if they are functions in the script
In QTP, Keyword-driven testing enables us to design our tests at a business level rather than at the object level. For example, QTP may recognize a single option selection in our application as several steps: a click on a button object, a mouse operation on a list object, we can create a function to represent these lower-level operations in a single.
16) Do you have experience writing automated tests? If so, what platforms (ie: QTP), and describe your automated testing experience (QTP) testing GUI and non-GUI applications.
A) Yes I do have experience in writing automated tests. I worked in J2EE environment. In our application we used Hybrid framework and created shared Object repository and wrote scripts. With my strong VB programming skills, I am able to apply it & write the scripts for any application scenario.
Load Runner (Answer this section only if you have the proper domain experience):
17) What is load testing?
A) Load testing is a performance testing done to establish the confidence in the efficiency of the application which is dependent on various parameters like users, sustained usage etc. we do the load testing under ideal & worse conditions (peak load). And also test the recovery capability of the software. to test that if the application works fine with the loads that result from large number of simultaneous users, transactions and to determine weather it can handle peak usage periods.
18) What is Performance testing?
A) Performance testing is one of the non-functional testing that tests the efficiency of the application in respect to various parameters- like users, sustained usage etc. It is conducted after the functional testing to enhance and fine tune the application. The application is tested in the various test environments from ideal to worse!
Timing for both read and update transactions should be gathered to determine whether system functions are being performed in an acceptable timeframe. This should be done standalone and then in a multi user environment to determine the effect of multiple transactions on the timing of a single transaction.
19) Which version of LoadRunner do you have experience with?
A) I have knowledge on LoadRunner 11.x & lower. As the Loadrunner tool has always interested me, I keep myself regularly updated on the loadrunner page of HP and troubleshoots.
20) What are the components of LoadRunner?
A) The components of LoadRunner are The Virtual User Generator, Controller, and the Agent process, LoadRunner Analyser
21) What is a function to capture dynamic values in the web Vuser script?
Web_reg_save_param function saves dynamic data information to a parameter.It accepts the parameter name, left/right boundary, last..
22) How do you debug a LoadRunner script?
A) VuGen contains two options to help debug Vuser scripts-the Run Step by Step command and breakpoints. The Debug settings in the Options dialog box allow us to determine the extent of the trace to be performed during scenario execution. The debug information is written to the Output window. We can manually set the message class within our script using the lr_set_debug_message function. This is useful if we want to receive debug information about a small section of the script only.
23) How do you rate your LoadRunner knowledge on a scale of 1-10 (10 – Expert/Advanced User)?
A) I can rate myself 7 on scale of 1-10.