Data science is the study of data to extract meaningful insights for business. It is a multidisciplinary approach that combines principles and practices from the fields of mathematics, statistics, artificial intelligence, and computer engineering to analyze large amount of data.
Data science has found its applications in almost every industry. These are:-
1. Healthcare:= Healthcare companies are using data science to build sophisticated medical instruments to detect and cure diseases.
2. Gaming := Video and computer games are now being created with the help of data science and that has taken the gaming experience to the next level.
3. Image Recognition:= Identifying patterns in images and detecting objects in an image is one of the most popular data science applications.
4. Recommendation Systems:= Netflix and Amazon give movie and product recommendations based on what you like to watch, purchase, or browse on their platforms.
5. Fraud Detection:= Banking and financial institutions use data science and related algorithms to detect fraudulent transactions.
6. Internet Search:= When we think of search, we immediately think of Google. Right? However, there are other search engines, such as Yahoo, Duckduckgo, Bing, AOL, Ask, and others, that employ data science algorithms to offer the best results for our searched query in a matter of seconds. Given that Google handles more than 20 petabytes of data per day. Google would not be the ‘Google’ we know today if data science did not exist.