A common, basic, and yet essential aspect of running a business, handling a project, and developing software is making sure the end-user, a.k.a the client, get what they are looking for Quality Assurance Certification Programme.
- A business owner must make sure the products and services are up to the quality.
- A project manager requires to check in frequently with the team members to ensure the processes are going as expected.
- A software developer constantly moves back and forth through the developing stages to verify one process after the other.
Having said that, along with the above scenarios, another area which requires to assure the quality, is software testing. Moreover, compared with other areas, ensuring quality assurance in accordance with software testing is a bit more back-breaking. A person requires to be thorough with their technical knowledge, possess critical and analytical thinking, and as the task is technical and specification-based, they must have credibility and proof of their expertise.
Therefore, we have picked the best Quality Assurance certifications for anyone who: wishes to learn Quality Assurance or is looking for strong credibility support to expand their career.
1.CAST (Certified Associate in Software Testing)
Offered by the Quality Assurance Institute in the United States, this certification is known for providing understanding in the field of Quality Assurance Testing. If you are new in the industry, this course may prove to be the right fit for you.
If you are planning to acquire this certification, you must match with one of the three prerequisites:
- A candidate must have a 3 or 4-year degree from an authorized college.
- Experience of more than 1 year and a 2-year degree from an accredited college.
- 3-year work experience in the field of Information Technology.
2.ISTQB (International Software Testing Qualifications Board): Foundation Level
This certification in Quality Assurance is one of the most popular and widely considered amongst all. The certification enhances the career for automation engineers, mobile app testers, business analysts, and test designers. Mostly because it is provided by ISTQB, a well-established software testing qualification body.
For the foundation level, the candidate must have a minimum of 6 months of work experience in the Information Technology industry.
3.CSTE (Certified Software Testing Engineer)
This is another well-known Quality Assurance Testing certification provided by the Quality Assurance Institute in the United States. However, while CAST is for the beginner level, this course is for the intermediate-level professionals.
Candidates applying for this certified course should have any of the following requirements fulfilled from their end:
- 3 or 4-year degree from an authorized college along with work experience of 2 to 3 years in the field of IT.
- Work experience in the IT industry ranging from 5 to 8 years.
4.CSQA (Certified Software Quality Analyst)
The best trait of this certification course for Quality Assurance is that it not only covers Quality Assurance but helps the professionals in the field of Quality Control too. As the course is more advanced, it is taken after the candidate has pursued CSTE successfully.
Candidates must have any one of the four prerequisites mentioned below:
- 4-year degree from authorized college and 2 years of experience as an IT professional.
- 3-year degree from authorized college and 3 years of experience in the IT field.
- 2-year degree from an accredited college along with 4 years of experience in the field of IT.
- 6 years of experience as an IT professional.
5.ISTQB (International Software Testing Qualification Board): Expert Level
Yes, the ISTQB makes it again in this list, but with the certified courses it provides, its certifications are more than worth topping the lists. This expert-level certification is for professionals who aspire to become delivery managers or take the role of Quality Assurance Manager.
As this is an expert-level certification, the prerequisites match with the same. A candidate looking to acquire this certificate must have the following prerequisites:
- A candidate must possess advanced level certification (based on the selected module).
- Work experience of a minimum of 5 years in the testing field.
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience in the field that is associated with the selected module.
With the above award-winning certifications, your career in the field of Quality Assurance is fixed as a brick.