What is JAVA ?
- Java is a programming language and computing platform first released by sun Microsystems in 1995
- Was made from C++ and enforces an object -oriented programming model
- Java can be used to create complete applications that may run on a single computer or be distributed amoung servers and clients in a network
- It can also be used to build a small application module or applet for use as part of a web page Applets make it possible for a web page user to interact with the page
Features of JAVA :
- Syntax is based on c++
- No need to remove unreferenced objects because there is Automatic Garbage collection in JAVA
- Removed many confusing and / or rarely used features eg: explicit pointers, operator overloading etc.
- Methodology that simplify software development and maintenance by providing some rules.
- Organize our software as a combination of different types of objects that incorporates both data and behavior
Basic concepts of OOPs are: