A computer application program which is employed by the software developers for developing, editing, maintaining, supporting and debugging other applications, frameworks and programs is termed as software development tool or a software programming tool.
Few of such factors to be considered while choosing the tools
- company standards
- tool usefulness
- tool integration with another tool
- selecting an appropriate environment
- Learning curve.
- vendor of the tool
The uses of software development tools are:
- Software tools are used to set and investigate the business processes, document the development process of the software and optimize all the processes.
- By using these tools in the software development process, the outcome of the projects will be more productive
- Using the development tools, a developer can easily maintain the workflow of the project.
The software tools that should be known are:
Fixing bugs before deployment saves time and effort. Embold is software analytics platform that analyses ASCII text file and unhides issues that impact stability, robustness, security and maintainability.
The advantages are
- With this embold plugins we can pick up code errors and vulnerabilities as we code.
- Unique anti-pattern detection prevents the compounding of unmaintainable code.
- Integrate seamlessly with GitHub, Bitbucket, Azure, and Git plugins available for eclipse and IntelliJ IDEA.
Linx is low code tool build and automates backend applications and web services. This tool accelerates the planning, development and automation of custom business processes, including easy integration of application systems and databases.
- It is easy to use drag and drop IDE and server.
- Around 100 pre-built plugins programming functions and services for rapid development.
- One-click deployment for any local or cloud server.
- Input and outputs consist nearly any SQL and NoSQL databases, numerous file formats.
- Live debugging with step-through logic.
- Zoho creator-
- Create more application with less effort
- Connect our business data collaborate across teams.
- Create insightful reports.
- Gain instant access to mobile apps
Atom is an open source and free desktop editor which is updated friendly and hackable to the core.
The features are
- Atom supports cross-platform editing and works for various operating system like windows, Linux and OS X
- Atom is customisable tool with which one can effectively edit the look and feel of the User Interface, add few important features etc.
- Most significant features of Atom which made it remarkable tool are its built-in package manager, smart autocomplete, multiple panes, file system browser.
- Atom is used to build cross-platform applications with web technologies using framework called ‘Electron’
- Cloud 9-
- Cloud 9 IDE is a sort of web based platform which is used for scripting, running and debugging the code in the cloud.
- Using cloud 9 the users can work with server-less applications which help to switch between remote and local testing and debugging activities.
- The features which are code completion suggestions, debugging, file dragging etc.
- Cloud 9 is an IDE for web and mobile developers that helps to collaborate together.
- Developers who use AWS Cloud 9 can also share the environment with the workmates for projects.