7 features of Squish:
It has following features like:
- It has in-depth support for all major GUI technologies.
- Full support for all desktop, mobile, web and embedded platforms
- It has test script recording
- Powerful and reliable object identification and verifications.
- It has powerful integrated environment
- It has support for behaviour driven development
- Full control via command line tools
How to create a test suite in squish?
To create a test suite click the new testsuite button
Provide the name for the test suite and select the scripting language. Specify the application in which the file is saved that is jar file.
We will have test case and now we will have test script and the test script is created. Testscript.js file is created in test case resources and name.js is created in test suite resources.
Start application and create new address book file, add a new record. When the recording starts the IDE will hide the background. Then insert commands. Firstly insert the comment before you create an address book by AWT controls.
Then add a new file by selecting the file menu on the form.
Each actions are recorded by the squish and add a new record by selecting the edit command and new option.
Enter the values and click ok. Now suppose we have to verify that we have one record then we can do it by clicking properties under verify in control bar.
Applications of Squish tool in various areas:
Advantages of Squish:
- It has high consistency and lesser redundancy in generating tests.
- Reusability and scalability features with respect.
- Modifiable as per the necessity of integration.
- During the test execution phase it has elevated performance and superior efficiency.
Disadvantages of squish:
- It has no option to record screenshots while recording test results.
- It is not completely automating, and requires a manual interference.
- It can be adjustable according to developer’s preferences by making some of the test results obsolete.
- Additional cost of each and every feature is added to the original licenced version of the tool.
The squish automation tool used for making the lives of the testing professional get easier in a project with changing the requirements with the scope of the software application increases and decreases.