We follow the following basic steps for automating a test.
- Automation Feasibility Analysis: Determine and analyze if the automation is required?
- Choosing the right automation tool: Decide the suitable automation tool. We make this decision based on the technology, the application was developed in. We should evaluate and build a ‘proof of concept’ to determine if the tool automates all the major functionalities throughout.
- Choosing and developing the right Automation Framework: We need to choose suitable framework. The framework should be well developed. It is important to follow the framework to use the automation productively.
- Develop Test Scripts: Once the framework is ready, we write the test scripts for automation.
- Execute and Analyze the results: We execute the test scripts and analyze the results.