Power BI is considered a data visualization and business intelligence tool which transforms data from many different sources to interactive dashboards and also BI reports. This Power BI service depends on SAAS and also mobile Power BI apps may be available from different platforms. The group of services is used by business users to take data and build BI reports. Power BI desktop app is utilized to create reports when Power BI services are used to put the reports and power bi mobile apps which is to get data and build BI reports.
Microsoft Power BI desktop needs internet explorer 9, Microsoft Power BI will available for 32-bit and 64-bit platforms. The link for the Power BI to download directly are https://www.microsoft.com/en-s/download/details.aspx?id=45331
We have to choose the PBIDesktop_x64.msi that shows a 64 bit OS file. We have to select the file we want to install as per OS type and also click next. Save the installation file as a local drive. When we run the file the following screen is displayed
As this Power BI is installed, a welcome screen is opened, which will be used to launch different options related to getting data that enrich existing data models that create reports as well as publish and share reports.
The Power BI Tools
Power BI has the following components
The Power BI desktop-
This allows creating reports and data visualization on the dataset.
Power BI gateway-
By using Power BI on surfaces gateway to keep our data fresh by connecting to our on-premises data sources without the need to move the data. It allows us to query a large dataset and benefit from the existing investments.
Power BI Mobile Apps-
The power bi mobile apps will be linked to their data from everywhere and from anywhere. Power BI apps are available on windows, ios, and Android platforms.
Power BI Service-
This is a cloud service and utilized to show Power BI reports and data visualizations.
Power BI Architecture
The power BI architecture is having 3 stages. The Primary 2 phases will use ETL which is to process to handle the data.
- Data integration- This is an organization that wants to deal with the data that comes from different sources.Firstly extract the data from different sources which may be our separate database, servers. Then the data is integrated into a standard format and stored at a common area which is called staging area.
- Data processing- The integrated data is not ready for visualization because the data that wants processing before it may be presented. This data is pre-processed. Consider an example for missing values and redundant values will be removed from the data sets. The business rules are applied to the data an it transforms into the presentable data. Then this data may be loaded into the warehouse.
- Data presentation- When the data is transferred and processed and it may visualized in a good way with the use of many different visualization that Power BI provides. By using of dashboards and reports, we show the data.
The Power BI advantages are:
There are some advantages of Power BI
- Secure Report Publishing- we can automate setup data refresh and publish reports that allowing all the users to get the latest information.
- No memory and speed constraints: By transferring the existing BI system into a cloud environment with the Power BI that is included that removes memory. Speed constraints will make sure data fast retrievable and analyzed.
- No specialized Technical support required-The Power BI gives required enquiry and by studying and not needing of proper technical support
- Simple to use- This tool is very easier to understand and to use.The end users can easily find it only on behalf of the short learning curve.
- Rich and personalized dashboard-Characteristics of Power BI provides information dashboards that will be modified to meet the actual need of any enterprise.
The disadvantages are
- Dashboards and reports will be shared with the users who will be having the same email domains.
- Power BI will not merge that is imported data that is accessed from real time connections.
- What is Power BI?Explain the Architecture?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of Power BI?