We all know how famous Python is, and this factor alone makes many aspirants jump into learning Python. But where there is a huge opportunity and if more rewarding monetary benefits support it, it obviously attracts many. Hence, people are learning additional skills, enrolling in new certificated courses along learning Python. If you are also looking to know everything about Python and its career opportunities, other skills that can take your opportunities to the next level, here is the answer to all your doubts. No, Python alone is not enough to get a job, but knowing python basics and other soft skills and a good educational background certainly help you. So, what else do you need to do to get a job after learning Python? Here are the top five things you must be aware of to secure a job.
Develop problem-solving skills
If you get a job in a reputed company, you must have problem-solving skills. Being a developer, one has to provide solutions for different requirements of the clients and business. That is the reason organizations are looking to find developers with excellent problem-solving skills. In simple terms, you know how to code in Python but not aware of how to apply it in real-world scenarios, you will not get hired. So, to overcome this issue, you can do the below steps.
- Never, just try to learn to code, pay attention to every learning, and understand why you are doing those things. And also, think what the other ways to tackle those scenarios are.
- Daily practice different problems and understand the logic behind every problem. Once you feel comfortable with the current difficulty, advance to the next level. You can find numerous problem sets online to practice and learn.
Learn multiple skills
Learning Python alone is not enough. Companies these days look for candidates with additional skills. Learning python is like coffee; if you do not add sugar, milk, it will not taste good. Similarly, you must learn other programming languages with Python to beat the fellow competitors and secure a job. That doesn’t mean you must master every programming language; the basic knowledge of these languages helps you get your dream job.
- A basic understanding of Database(SQL) is required. At least you should know how to design a table, how to query and how to merge data from two tables etc.
- If you want to become an ML developer, an understanding of mathematical modeling is a must.
- Whether you try to become a front-end developer or database admin, understanding full-stack software development is necessary. An understanding of How the front end, back end works, and database is connected is required.
Learn the entire software development process
You can learn everything about Python by enrolling in the best online python course. But without the knowledge of the software development process, companies are not ready to hire. The understanding of the software development process helps companies eliminate the training process. That is the reason many companies look to hire developers who have experience. So, you can do the below things to increase the chance of hiring.
- Try to build full-scale projects.
- While building any project, just don’t copy the stuff from the internet; instead, try to develop everything by yourself. Of course, you will get stuck at various junctures; at that time, try to find the solution online.
- Deploy projects on any of the servers.
- Get to know more about Python frameworks such as Spray, Django, NumPy, Pandas, etc.
- Learn shortcuts and master one IDE at least.
Design the resume companies want and be prepared
One of the smart moves you can do apart from getting a python certification is preparing the resume as per the employer’s requirements. So, before applying for a job, make sure you have a good CV to tell you about yourself by highlighting the things a company is looking for. Google and find the questions that people often face in the interviews and practice how to tackle them. Also, expect the questions that are not related to Python, like what are your strength and weakness, etc.