MySQL is among widely used and popular database technologies. So quite a lot of tools have been created in order to make the processes of designing, creating, and administering databases easier and convenient. With all the possible options it can be difficult to choose one tool that will fit our requirements best.
MYSQL is a free, open-source relational database management system (RDBMS). SQL was developed in IBM in the 1970s. MySQL can be installed on both mac and windows computers. You can download the software from dev.mysql.com/downloads for the practice of SQL queries.
Some of the best tools are listed below
1. dbForge Studio for MYSQL
The multi-purpose GUI tool is an IDE that comprises a wide range of features and functionality necessary for MYSQL database development and maintenance. It allows us to create and run queries, develop and debug stored routines, automate database object management, analyze table data-name intuitive interface.
- It has rich code formatting functionality that allows to create and modify code
- profiles to standardise our code and will make it as clean as possible.
- MariaDB database is supported.
- It has ability to create result scripts for SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE statements to a sql file with the help of CRUD Generator.
2. MYSQL Workbench
MySQL Workbench is a unified visual tool for database architects, developers, and DBAs. It provides various functionalities which will design, develop and administer databases. It’s available in 3 editions- community, standard, and Enterprise. Community is a free open-source edition that offers a primary set of features and the remaining two are commercial editions with extended functionality.
- It allows to see server status and health, as well as server logs
- It is developed by oracle the company behind MySql itself so we can be sure MYsql workbench will be compatible with all recent features MySql.
- Available for windows, Linux and MacOX.
phpMyAdmin is a web-based Mysql administration tool. It’s one of the most popular tools of its kind mainly due to how easy it is to use and the fact that it’s completely free. It may lack some of the advanced features that other tools provide but its basic functionality will be enough to help us create functioning websites without advanced knowledge of Mysql.
- it may be easily accessed from most computers because it’s web-based.
- Simple to install and use.
- It is available in 80 language-both right and left.
HeidiSQL is a freeware tool for working with databases. It is used for browsing or editing data that will be creating and modifying tables, managing user privileges, or other tasks.
- Name any other tools for database testing that you might have come across
- Install any one of the above tools and try them.