Any class will be considered as a user-defined prototype from the objects which are created. The classes will provide the piling of information and functionality together. Creating a new class creates a replacement of objects and also allows the advanced instances which are of that type to be made. Each class instance and attribute that’s attached to maintaining its state. The class instances may have methods for changing their state. When we understand the need for creating a class let’s consider the example as we wanted to quantify the number of dogs that can have various attributes like breed while the second element may show the age. It’s an inventory that used the first element that will be the dog’s breed, while the second element is going to represent the age. Here the class may build the user-defined structure that will contain the data members of its own and also member functions that are utilized and used by creating the instance of that class which is a blueprint for an object.
There are some points about the class
- Classes are created by the keyword class
- Here the attributes are the variables which contain to a class
- many attributes that are always might public and can be accessed using a .dot() operator like example Myclass.Myattribute
Class definition syntax
Defining the class
# Python3 program to
# demonstrate defining
# a class
class Breed Dog:
This example has the important keyword that is class termed as that we are creating a class which is followed by the name of the class(Dog during this case).
The object is an instance of a class that is like a blueprint while an instance is a copy of the class with actual values. It’s not thought anymore but actual breed dog like breed pug who is seven years old. We are able to have many dogs when we create the instances but without the guidance of the sophistication class we may be lost will not be knowing any information which will be required.
Any object consists of
- State- This has the attributes of an object.It also has the properties of an object.
- Behavior- It is given with method of an object.It is projected as the response of an object to other objects.
- Identity- An individual is given a name to an object and highlights one object to interact with other objects.
Declaring the objects(By instantiating a class)
The object of a class is made, and class is instantiated. All the instances that will share attributes and behavior of the class. Here the class values of those attributes during the state are unique for each object. A single class will have any number of instances for example
Declaring the object
# Python3 program to
# demonstrate instantiating
# a class
# A easy class
attr1 = “animal”
attr2 = “Bree1dog”
# A sample method
print(“I’m a”, self.attr1)
print(“I’m a”, self.attr2)
# Driver code
# Object instantiation
Rockey = Dog()
# Accessing class attributes
# and method through objects
I’m a animal
I’m a bree1dog
Consider the example above where an object will be made where the dog and a dog named Rockey. This class has two attributes that will tell that Rockey is a dog and an animal.
- Methods of class should have additional parameter in the method definition.Otherwise it is not valued to the parameter during the call of the method,python will give it.
- If we have a method that takes no arguments then we will have to have only one argument.This is same to this pointer in C++ reference in java.
when the object of any myobject.method(arg1,arg2) is transferred to by python object into MyClass.method(myobject,arg1,arg2)- which is self.
- What are Python classes? Explain with an example
- How a class is declared in python?