There are 12 principles of agile manifesto that are stated. These principles are stated by authors of agile.
12 principles of agile manifesto are quoted as below:
- Our highest priority is to satisfy the customer through early and continuous delivery of valuable software.
– The software is delivered module wise. The customers test each software module before acceptance. Relaxing the software module wise helps in the quick release of the software.
2. Welcome changing requirements, even late in development. Agile processes harness change for the customer’s competitive advantage.
3. Deliver working software frequently, from a couple of weeks to a couple of months, with a preference to the shorter timescale.
– The requirements of the client are prioritised. Few priority requirements are considered for software development and released in each module. Each module is developed within few weeks and released to the client.
4. Business people and developers must work together daily throughout the project.
– The IT team and customers work in a collaborative manner. This helps to get the quick outcome of the project.
5. Build projects around motivated individuals. Give them the environment and support they need, and trust them to get the job done.
– The agile software development model is more about people and their interactions oriented. The success of the project depends on the individual’s commitment. The team should work in the positive environment of trust and motivation.
6. The most efficient and effective method of conveying information to and within a development team is a face-to-face conversation.
– The daily meetings are conducted. This helps in regular interaction within the team. The discussions among team members help to get quick solutions to technical problems.
7. Working software is the primary measure of progress.
– The team works to get working model of software. There is less emphasis on comprehensive documentation. The progress is continuously and closely monitored. The daily stand-up meetings are conducted to monitor progress.
8. Agile processes promote sustainable development. The sponsors, developers, and users should be able to maintain a constant pace indefinitely.
Usually, small teams are hired. The team shares the common workspace. The team works in close collaboration to achieve quick success.
9. Continuous attention to technical excellence and good design enhances agility.
The team is responsive to the changes. The technical issues in software are identified and resolved with priority. The agile model is more suitable for projects with frequently changing business environments
10.Simplicity—the art of maximising the amount of work not done–is essential.
The working software is visible at early stages of software development process.
11. The best architectures, requirements, and designs emerge from self-organising teams.
The individuals in the team are equally responsible for the quality of the software. The agile teams reorganise in a quick manner to suit the changing business scenarios.
12. At regular intervals, the team reflects on how to become more effective, then tunes and adjusts its behaviour accordingly.
The regular stand up meetings and interactions among team members is common. The technical problems are identified at early stages and resolved. The new requirements & changes in requirements are accepted, which can be implemented in every iteration of software development.
Check your understanding:
Summarise your understanding on 12 principles of agile manifesto.