Jira is a user friendly tool for managing the testing. Below are the simple steps on how to use Jira.
Working with Project & Issue:
How to create a new project and issue?
- As soon as the jira software sets up. Go to the page.
- Click on the Create a new project option and the type of project in project management option.
- The project will follow the work flow with three steps:
- To-do ➙ in Progress ➙ Done
These are the steps an issue will go through
- Provide the name of project and Jira will give the key and click submit.
- Next step is creating the first issue within the project.
6. Click create button on the top .
7. A first issue window is opened fill the details and click create button.
8. We can find the issue created in issues option on the top of the window. Click on the issue created which provides name as well as id. An issue window is opened with some navigation tools on the left side.
- The right hand panel will contain the issue created detail information.
This is our first issue with top of the page provides issue path. Just we can right click select copy shortcut and copy the link we could use in email or chat to get to the Jira issue.
A component is a logical grouping of issues within the project. A project may contain various components depending on the requirements.
How to add components?
- After creating the issue. We will notice at the right bottom we have configuration option. Click on the configuration option.
- In the right side we have components and versions. If we click on the components.
- We find the panel in the window to add the component name, then description and we could provide the assigned name of a particular jira operator which is optional or we can keep as unsigned.
- After clicking add component is added and we can even add many component.we can link component values to our issues.
How to delete a component?
- Log in as a jira administrator.
- Click on the settings on the right side of the software.
- Click on the projects. Click the name of the project.
- Click on the components
- On the component screen click on the ellipses and click delete
The component has been deleted.
How to edit a component details in Jira?
- Login as Jira administrator.
- Click on settings.
- Click on the projects.
- Click the name of the project.
- Click on the component.
- On the component screen click on the ellipses click on the edit.
- Edit the components name and description an lead and default assignee.
- Click on save.