The maintainability testing consists the following attributes
- Analysability: It identifies the defects along with the identification of part of the system which needs to be changed.
- Changeability: It estimates the ability of software to undergo changes.
- Stability: It estimates the capability to remain stable after modification.
- Testability: The inherent characteristic of software is tested to determine the testing of updated system.
- Maintainability compliance: This does the evaluation of five above mentioned attributes.
How maintainability testing is done?
There are two ways in which maintainability testing is carried out
- Static testing: It maintains the structure, complexities and other traits of the source code with the examination of documentation part of the software development process. It has following activities like
- Dynamic testing: it has following testing methodologies which concentrates on identification of defects to prevent the unexpected failure of the software that are:
A type of non functional testing that confirms the ability to accept the changes after modification. The maintainability testing and maintenance testing are two different testing types. The maintainability testing is effective for the future maintenance of the software or system. Maintenance testing is testing the software that has been modified.
- What is maintainability testing?
- What are the advantages of maintainability testing?