A keyword driven test consists of high level and low level keywords including the argument of these keywords which describes some action of a test case.
The common methodology of key driven testing is
- Model basis or prototyping: analysing the requirements
- Test model definition: based on the result of analysis of requirement approaching the own software.
- Test data definition: after defining the own model starting the keyboard and main or complement for data definition.
- Test preparation: conducting the tests
- Test design: based on the analysis of test preparation designing the procedure or test data.
- Manual test execution: manual execution of test cases is done based on the keyboard documentation.
- Automated test execution
The advantages of keyword driven testing are
- It reduces the sensitivity to maintenance caused during the system or software product under test
- It can be used for both manual testing and automated testing because of the detailed description of the way of executing the keyword the test can be done by anyone.
- It is approach of open and extensible framework which unites all tools, assets and data related and produced by the testing effort.
- It has feature of high degree reusability.
- What is keyword driven testing?
- What are its advantages of keyword driven testing?
- Create some common examples of keywords used in key driven testing?