SoapUI is a open source cross platform API testing Tool. It allows the testers to execute automated functional, regression, compliance and also load tests on different Web API. SOAPUI also assists all the significant protocols and also technologies to test all the kind of API’s. SOAPUI interface is simple that enables both technical and non-technical users in a seamless way.
Why to use SOAPUI?
SOAPUI is not a functional API testing tool but also it allows us to perform non-functional testing like performance and also security test.
The important features of SOAPUI:
- Functional Testing
- It is a strong tool which allows testers to write Functional API tests in SOAPUI.
- It also supports Drag and Drop features which enhances the script development.
- Supports debugging of tests and guides testers to develop data driven tests
- Supports Multiple environment-easy to switch between QA Dev and Prod environments
- It allows advanced scripting.
- Security Testing
- It is having an ability to perform a complete set of vulnerability scan.
- It also prevents SQL injection to secure databases.
- It even scans for stack overflows which are caused by documents huge in size.
- It scans for cross Site Scripting, which usually occurs when the service parameters are exposed in messages.
- It performs fuzzing scan and boundary scan to avoid erratic behavior of services.
- Load testing
- It distributes the load tests all lover any number of load UI agents
- This will stimulate a large volume and real world load testing with ease.
- This will provide custom reporting and will capture performance parameters.
- It always allows end-end system performance monitoring.
- Supported Protocols /technologies
- SOAP integration with other Automation Tools
- SoapUI combined very well with popular tools
|Apache Maven is considered as software project management tool which handle the a project’s build; reporting and also documentation from a central repository. Maven can run SOAPUI within Maven Build using simple commands.|
|HUDSON ,a java supported continuous integration tool and integrates with all the tools like CVS, Subversion, Git. SOAPUI also integrates with HUDSON which helps us to spot bugs very quickly for each and every commit by the developers.|
JUnit is a unit testing framework which is developed in java that controls the flow of tests from SOAPUI.
Apache ant is java library which is a command-line
SOAP UI Assertions
Assertion can be interpreted as any check point or may be a validation point. As once the request will be sent to the web server, a response can be received. This is required to validate the response that contains the data as expected or may be not. The SOAP UI has an assertion feature
Assertion can be used to validate the message received by the Test step during the execution. This is to compare the part of the message or the entire message to some expected value. Any number of assertions that can be added to a Test step each validating some different aspect and content of response message. After a Test Step executes all its assertions that are allotted to the received response and if any of them fail Test Step marked as failed to the Test Case view.
There are many types of assertions. They are
1) Contains- This will check the existence of the specified string. This also supports regular expressions.
2) Not contains- This checks for non-existence of the specified string. This also supports regular expression.
3)XPath Match- It uses XPath expression to select the target node and its values will be compared.It compares the results.
4)XQuery Matches- This uses an Xquery expression to select the content from the target property. It can compare the result of an Xquery expression and expected value.
1.What is SOAPUI?
2. What are the advantages of SOAP UI?