Specifically, this is what you’d learn in this tutorial.
- What is Python
- Features of Python
- Applications of Python
- Advantages of Python
- Demertis of Python
Let’s dive in
Anytime you see a website reload automatically, or you see a nice or some automatic reloading based on your input, then know that a scripting language is involved.
What is Python
Python is a high-level dynamically typed programming language that is used for various purposes such as software testing, machine learning, web development, hacking, etc.
The programming language has built-in data types, structures, objects and has a library that can be reused to create quick web applications.
There are also a lot of open-source projects on GitHub that can be reused. When you do not have to reinvent the wheel every single time. Python has an easy syntax that focuses on simplicity and readability. Some say python codes can be read like plain English making it a choice language for beginners.
Features of Python
- Python is an interpreter which means codes are run line by line.
- Python can be run on many hardware facilities with the same interface.
- The learning curve of python is gentle. Suitable for complete freshers in programming.
- Python provides a structure for small as well as large codes to be run.
- Python has an interactive shell that allows you to do a test and debug your program.
- It is a high-performing programming language.
- Python allows you to integrate low-level libraries into its interpreter.
- You can integrate other programming languages such as C, C++, or Java.
|Inheritance||INheritance is prototype-based||Inheritance is class-based|
|Syntax||Codes are classified with curly braces||Python uses indentation|
Applications of Python
- Python can be used for hacking
- Python can be used for building GUI applications
- Python can be used to create websites and web applications
- Python can be used to process XML files
- Python can be used for machine learning and deep learning
- You can use Python for software unit testing
- Fast prototyping web scripting can also be done with Python
Advantages of Python
- Python supports Object-Oriented Programming
- Python codes are easy to read, write and learn. Its syntax is like plain English
- Python can be used to create powerful applications
- Python is a general-purpose
- SInce codes are run line by line, errors are easier to fix.
- Python is free and open-source
- Python has a lot of libraries that can be used on the go
- Python runs on multiple OS such as macOS, Windows, Linus
- It is a portable language
Demerits of Python
- Python is way slower than Go or any C family programming language.
- Python is not so great for mobile development.
- Its database access has limitations.
- Python is not the best choice for memory-intensive tasks as its dynamic typing feature would consume a lot of memory.
It’s your call. If you have any questions, please feel free to drop your question in the comment section below and I’d do my best to answer them.